Why usage metrics are crucial
- You can demonstrate your influence and set priorities for your work by being aware of how your content is being used.
- Your usage metrics may highlight that a dashboard you built may not be viewed at all while one of your reports may be utilised everyday by a significant portion of the organization. This kind of feedback is crucial for directing your job efforts.
Challenges with Usage Metrics in Power BI admin settings
- The usage metrics in Power BI admin settings is not customizable & interactive.
- It doesn’t provide more insights about who’s using the service, which reports are getting the most attention, etc.
- For organizations with more than a few workspaces, monitoring usage at a workspace level is not scalable, and it doesn’t allow for a unified view of usage across the tenant.
Why choose Bizmetric’s Power BI Usage Metrics?
As a Power BI service admin, you’ll be able to perform all the following operations:
- Using custom reports based on the Power BI activity log, you can analyze usage of all Power BI resources at a tenant level.
- Using REST API or PowerShell cmdlet, you can download the activities. Also, you can filter the activity data by data range, user, and activity type.
- You can use an administrative application based on Power BI(powerbi) REST APIs to export activity events into a blob store or SQL database and then from the exported data, you can build a custom usage report.