We upgraded the existing infrastructure and helped achieve business excellence in an optimized manner.
About the Industry
The core of the energy sector is technology. The more robust and agile the technology is, the better would be the end-business results. The digitized era is bringing a paradigm shift in terms of operational and production efficiency.
The centralized and automated network system has redesigned the legacy framework, and thus, enabled the workflow to become smarter and productive. Similarly, the regulatory framework and compliances have become outcome-based, thus benefiting end-users more proactively. The fuel-sharing economies and increased risk of cyber threats are some of the crucial challenges that need quick mitigation. However, smart technologies and solutions have brought many loopholes under check.
About the Client
Our client is a leading service provider for energy & utility companies. The company’s solution suite is quite comprehensive and offers consumer engagement software, smart metering installation, and infrastructure services. In order to supply reliable services to its customers, our client has cutting-edge technologies that not only harness data from multiple sources, but also bring out meaningful insights. With more than four hundred customer bases, our client has been delivering its services for the past fifty years. They hold a record of establishing more than eighty millions of smart metering connections across several geographies.
The Business Challenges
The following wereweakness areas of our client: -
- Handling a vast distribution network and managing the exhaustive task of multiple applications were raising the operational complexity of the organization.
- The existing infrastructure lacked in modern functionalities that would help manage the grid loads and improve the overall efficiency.
- The response time of the existing legacy system was not par with newer technologies. Addressing customer grievances and meeting up to the expectations in real-time was also a matterof concern.
- Domain knowledge was also one of the major roadblocks in the functioning of the system.
- We re-engineered the existing infrastructure and integrated
more than thirty applications on a single platform.
- The cloud-integrated web-enabled applications put data to
use. Rigorous analysis of this data helps ascertain aging infrastructures.
- We enabled the outage detection solution that would report the
occurrence of the issue in real-time and unwind quick redressal of the same.
- The identification of control load fluctuations due to
various factors like non-uniform demand, distributed energy generation, etc.
- Our re-engineered solution made the legacy solution
technologically more capable. The digitized cloud solution made reporting
robust, quick, and real-time.
- The advanced solution helps conserve energy when analyzing
actionable insights obtained from the analysis of the data.
- The managing capabilities got improved, which in turn,
provided greater and clear visibility into the distributed network channels.
The customer's turnaround time also got reduced to a greater extent.
- The automated features of the new infrastructure helped in
building business-driven strategies that would work both at the enterprise and the customer level.
The Business Challenges
- Vast distribution network and operational complexity
- Lack of modern functionalities
- Long response time
- Lack of domain expertise
The Business Solution
- Re-engineering of existing infrastructure
- Integration of applications on single platform
- Web-enabled cloud applications
- Outage detection solution
- Identification of control load fluctuations and faults
- More capable solution
- Conservation of energy with better actionable insights
- Improved operational efficiency
- Reduced customer’s turnaround time
- Automated infrastructure